Frequently Asked Questions
What previous experience do I need to do this course
- Learners must be able to read and write English
- Learners must attend regularly all classes
- Learners must be able to pay for their course
What is the benefit of taking this qualification
- This laser and IPL Level 4 Certificate Qualification delivered in the UK is approved by Government and Local Authority and Qualifies learners to work in the Beauty Industry.
- You can use this qualification to seek employment.
- obtain public liability insurance
- Set up in business.
What are the opportunities after I complete this course
This qualification will qualify graduates to set up their own beauty businesses and obtain special treatment licences and insurance. however, you will only be able to offer treatments that you are qualified to perform.
- Work From Home
Many of our learners set up a home beauty business which enables them to build up a client base and offer treatments without having the overheads of a commercial high street salon. Although you will not need a special treatment licence however you will need to obtain insurance.
- Mobile Beauty Therapist
After graduation, students can set up their own mobile beauty business. This is very convenient for the client as they get to be treated in their own home, however, therapists must have their own vehicle and will have to carry their products and equipment from client to client.
- Work Abroad
Graduates can use this qualification to also work abroad in beauty related business. Please see ITEC and VTCT websites to check which countries accept the qualifications.
Many Beauty Salons and health Spas approach our college asking for students to work as beauty Therapists within their Salons. Although many vacancies are filled this way, we can only recommend students who have shown that they are seriously committed to training and the beauty Industry.
How can I pass this Qualification
Register and Book Class
All learners must enrol in their chosen course by completing the online application form and submit it together with their proof of ID and address. Once we have received your application we will then take payment and send you information relating to your course.
- Attend and fully participate in all classes
All courses are scheduled according to the syllabus that needs to be delivered. if students miss classes unnecessarily then we will not hold extra classes for days missed. Students will therefore have to attend future classes which will delay them receiving their qualification. This will also incur a fee of £50 per day per student.
- Complete all assignments and Assessments
As part of the coursework students are expected to complete all assignments and assessments for their portfolio. Learners can then be evaluated to ensure that they are grasping the concepts of the course.
- Complete your portfolio of evidence
A portfolio of evidence folder must be prepared and completed by the learner with the support of their tutor. The portfolio shows that the learner has contributed fully to their course. This portfolio will store all evidence of assessments which is Treatments performed, worksheets, assignments and any other evidence required by the examining body. Portfolios will be checked by the internal verifier
- Set a time to study at home
We appreciate that learners may lead busy lives and therefore have limited time to spend on studying and assignments; however, we emphasize that learners allocate an hour or two per day to keep up with their coursework. We also advise that learners work in an environmentally friendly area with plenty of ventilation and most importantly students must receive adequate rest and a well-balanced diet.
Do I need to wear a student uniform to attend the Academy?
- Full uniform for all students
All students will require to be in full Beauty Therapists Uniform when attending Practical and Theory Classes and on-line Exams. Students who do not have the appropriate uniform will not be allowed to enter the college to do any scheduled work.
What about models, am I expected to bring my own models to the academy?
- Yes, you will need to bring with you your models for you to be assessed on.
- We do understand that some learners may find it difficult to find models for their assessments. However, this is a training environment which aims as near as possible to simulate a real working environment. If learners are not able to find models for their assessments then they have to seriously consider whether this is the career for them. We do however try to assist where we can but it is primarily not the responsibility of the academy.
Are their concessions for people on low income on this qualification?
- East London Beauty Academy is a Private College and therefore do not receive any concessions, Government funding, grants or subsidies.
- The pricing structure for all courses has been reduced considerably in order to give all learners the opportunity to afford their courses.
- All learners will have the option to either pay for the course in full in which case they will receive a further discount of 5% or students are also given the option to pay by monthly payments at 0% interest.
- The main benefit of our courses is that they are intensive, can be completed in a shorter time frame and we have smaller classes which in many cases enhance learning.
- Many of our students enhance their skills by working with live clients in our student salon thus gaining valuable salon working experience. This gives them the opportunity to be referred to salons requiring beauty therapist with experience.
- We also encourage our learners to actively seek employment and we also give advice on how to set up your own business with continuous support even after they have graduated.
- The pricing for all courses has been reduced considerably in order to give all learners the opportunity to afford their courses. Also, learners will have the option to either pay for the course in full in which case they will receive a further discount of 5% and students are also given the option to pay by monthly payments at 0% interest.